Social media applications are growing day by day, and among all of them, Twitter is a much-considered choice. It is important to know that Twitter is mainly said to be a user-friendly interface.
It was launched somewhere 15 years ago on March 21, 2006. It is quite astonishing to note that this portal has reached popularity within a short duration, and right now, almost 400 million people are actively using it per month.
There is a limitation imposed initially on users that they can’t post a tweet with more than 140 characters. But later on, they increased the same to 280 characters.
Most people may have a question that what will be the first tweet? Some individuals remember the same, but some are still in confusion about it.
If you are a witness of the same category, then we will be sharing here how to find the first tweet of any Twitter user. Well, let’s have a look at the methods discussed below.
You may also like How To Follow A Hashtag On Twitter
Table of Contents
Method 1: How to Find the Old Tweet of Anyone
Twitter advanced search:
The Twitter advanced search tool is there that will help you to get an idea about the first tweet. Make sure to check out the steps.
So first of all, we need to know someone’s username to find out his/her first tweet. For instance, I am going to search for Rihanna’s first tweet.
You just need to search on Google for the tweeter user name for example Rihanna’s Twitter
Steps to follow:
- Get an idea about the profile whose first tweet you want to see. There might be a chance you want to see the first tweet. At that moment, visit the profile, and in the bio section, check out the date that person has joined it.
- After checking on the date, now go to the search section and use this format to search tweet of anyone. from:USERNAME since:yyyy-mm-dd until:yyyy-mm-dd
- Now I’m searching for Rihanna’s first post. So I will using this format
- After checking on the date, utilize the Twitter advanced search tool.
- Scroll down to the bottom in the search results, and you will be able to see the first tweet of the individual.
And this is it. Within no time, you will get an idea about the first tweet done by the individual.
Method 2: Download Your Twitter Data Archive or History Data
Asking Twitter to completely archive the tweets:
There is an option available to users where they can request twitter archive posts from time to time. It is a great way through which users can retrieve and search for the old tweets they have done. For it, the steps are as follows:-
- Visit https://www.twitter.com/settings/account
- Now in your account section click on Download an archive of your data and proceed further.
- After you done, you will see Request archive button, you just need to click on that.
- After clicking on the same, now the button will show Requesting archive. It will take a particular duration for creating the archive, and it depends on the size and duration for which you are active on the portal.
- When it has been done, there will be a notification available to you.
- Visit the same link again and click on the download archive option available in the download your data section.
- It is important for you to check out that the email address is up to date whenever you are doing this. A downloading link will be sent to the email address as well if a user doesn’t want to visit the settings that can directly download from there.
- There will be a .zip file available for all the old to eat, and from there, you can simply download it.
- After downloading the files, you can easily browse through them and check out your first tweet on them.
(FAQ) Frequently Asked Questions:
Which was the first tweet on Twitter?
When the developer Jack Dorsey set it up, they put the first to it as “just setting up my twtr.” After the launch now almost 400 million users are actively using it per month.
What should be the first tweet all about?
Whenever you are thinking about the first tweet, keep it about yourself so that you can introduce your business or any additional service for which you are utilizing the portal. You can also share your experience with using Twitter.
Who is the oldest Twitter user?
You would be surprised to know that the oldest Twitter user died at the age of 104. Yes, Ivy Bean was the oldest celebrity that embraced this microblogging site, and she also had 57000 followers available at that time.
So finally, there is nothing for you to worry about when you want to know the first tweet of any Twitter user on this ultimate microblogging site Twitter.
If there is something troubling you, do let us know, and we will help you to have an answer for it.
Make sure to follow the right steps whenever you want to get an idea about the first tweet because if you have followed the wrong steps getting the answers will be difficult.
We also suggest you not go for any third-party application because it might create some trouble for your privacy and security.
- How to Hide Phone Number on Whatsapp
- How Can I Change Clock Position on iPhone
- How to Ping a Mobile to Find Location
Nanette Silva is a full-time content writer and a part-time sports addict. She enjoys writing about social media topics and loves to explore new pieces before crafting in her own way. Strong at playing with words and expertise in finding new features on social media platforms.