Are you willing to hide last seen on Facebook messenger and Instagram? And looking for the best and easy way to resolve it? If yes, stay connected with this guide as you will get the absolute answers to all of your queries here.
It is regardless of how popular Facebook and Instagram have become these days. These both are globally leading and widely used social media platforms.
Both of these platforms provide users a better way to meet our larger audience and of course their friends and family members.
People can use these platforms for sharing their thoughts and can send messages in the form of text, photos, and videos. The best thing about these apps is they are absolutely fast and free to use.
Getting read receipts is one of the best features of both of these instant messaging apps. It helps the users to know when you have read their message.
But do you think, each one of the users feels comfortable with it?
There are a lot of people globally who don’t enjoy this feature and look forward to hiding their last seen. But the main questions that arise here are: Is it possible and how to do it.
Before leading further, we would like to give you good news. If you are using both or any of these apps i.e. Facebook and Instagram, you can easily disable your last seen option and can deny the delivery reports to the senders quite conveniently.
But the option still includes a loophole. Even after disabling the last seen option, Facebook and Instagram keeps on spying on the users and also keep on informing the other users about your last online presence. And that is something quite annoying.
If you are still unaware of the concept of Last Seen, just pick up your phone, launch any of the apps from it and check your conversation with any one of your friends or family members. It would surely have the timestamp of the recipient’s last activity on the platform.
How to Hide Last Seen on Facebook and Instagram?
Each one of the users doesn’t need to love all of the integrated features in a tool. And that is the same case with Instagram and Facebook Messenger as well.
The majority of the people like the Last Seen feature but surely not all. The reasons behind the same might be multiple and the major one is privacy.
If you are willing to hide last seen on Facebook and Instagram perfectly just disable the last seen feature over there. And if you don’t know how to do it, just check out the solutions given below:
Hide Last Seen on Facebook Messenger
- 1# Launch Facebook Messenger on your device and then make a secure sign-in to your user account using the secure login credentials.
- 2# Now go to your profile picture option and then tap on it at the top left corner of your screen.
- 3# Once you do it, the activity status will appear on your home screen. It will look green in color as default and that is a clear indication that you are online at this moment.
- 4# Tap on that to proceed further and once you will do with it, a new window will open up on your home screen.
- 5# Now, drag the ‘Show when you are active’ toggle button to the left. It will disable the Last Seen option and will hide your online status from others.
- 6# Once done with it successfully, you will be notified by Facebook through a pop-up message.
- 7# Next, click on the Turn Off button to disable the feature. Once done, no one can track your online presence anytime.
Also Read: How to Find Liked Posts on Instagram
Hide Last Seen on Instagram
- 1# Launch the Instagram app on your device and then make a secure sign into it.
- 2# Now, look at the top right of your screen and then tap on the three lines icon option.
- 3# Select the Settings option from the given list.
- 4# Now you will see a Privacy option, you just need to click on it to proceed further.
- 5# Next, scroll down the list to find the option Activity Status.
- 6# Once done, tap on it, and a new window page will open up on your home screen. You can easily check here the activity status in blue color.
- 7# Now, drag the toggle button to the left and it will become grey. And now you have turned off the Last Seen activity,
- 8# Bingo! No one can now check your online status on Instagram anymore.
- How to Set Temporary Profile Picture on Facebook
- How to Watch Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing
- How To download Private Facebook Videos
- Instagram Private Account Viewer Tools
Nanette Silva is a full-time content writer and a part-time sports addict. She enjoys writing about social media topics and loves to explore new pieces before crafting in her own way. Strong at playing with words and expertise in finding new features on social media platforms.